The Education Fund represents all programs supported by our fundraising efforts. Through our active fundraising programs and activities, the goal is to fund Tara’s classroom enrichment programs: art, music, science, a library, as well as teacher enrichment programs, program development and our scholarship fund. All programs are selected in consultation with Tara’s teachers and administrators. This diverse combination of programs—all designed to help your child flourish could not be possible without the generous support of families and friends of Tara Redwood School.
In order to present these high quality programs for our children and our community, we need your help.
Tara Redwood School has an incredibly dedicated and active group of community volunteers and supporters. Parents from all grade levels, teachers, and school staff participate in the various fundraising committees that build community and raise funds for our school.
Participating in fundraising events and activities is a great way to get to know the school and families that make up the Tara community. As you will see on our Fundraising page, there are a variety of ways in which to participate, not all of which require writing your own check!
As many of you know, the annual efforts to raise these funds encompass a variety of events and activities that take place throughout the year. This year, in an effort to help all of us plan our participation in ways that are best suited to our strengths, capacity and availability, we would like to ask each Tara family to commit to two things:
1. Participate in at least one fundraising event or activity by donating your time and talent, see below for a list of opportunities
2. Consider making a financial contribution at a level that is personally meaningful for your family
This can be accomplished by any combination of:
- Making a tax-deductible contribution donation drive at any point during the year. This year you can donate online and/or set up an installment plan for your pledge
- Getting your or your partner’s employer to match your gift
- Getting involved in the Golf Tournament and Dinner Party, by being a golfer and gathering sponsors.
- Buying tickets to the Tara Redwood School Dinner & Auction; and shopping at the Auction that night or online;
- Donating auction items, parties, or packages
- Signing up for eScrip and Good Search or the many other rewards programs that direct cash to our school and cost you nothing!
I look forward to getting to know all of you this year and welcome any questions, comments, and input you might have regarding our fundraising efforts. So, please don’t hesitate to be in touch!
EASY Money for Tara – ongoing.
Looking for ways to donate to Tara with very little effort? Look no further. This list of easy ways to support Tara will leave you wondering . . . “Why haven’t I done this yet.”
eScrip.com: Register your credit and debit cards then shop online at hundreds of participating retail merchants, including Macy’s and Amazon.com, who contribute a percentage of your purchases to Tara Redwood School–at no cost to you. Additionally, you can register your Safeway Club Card and Safeway will donate a percentage of your grocery bill.
Employer Matching Contributions: Any cash donation is eligible for Matching Funds, including donations made to the ‘Fund a Need’ at the Tara Auction. Not sure if your employer matches? Contact your company’s HR department to find out.
United Way: designation of nonprofit organizations—The Federal tax ID for Tara Redwood School is
Target VISA: specify Tara Redwood School as your recipient to get 2% of your purchases donated to Tara.
We understand that the current economy has taken its toll on many of Santa Cruz families in a variety of ways. Job loss, furloughs, business faltering, death or illness in the family may all be factors in a family’s decision to support Tara.
When determining your family’s level of support, we hope you will consider giving both time and money at a level that is meaningful for you personally and with which you feel comfortable.