Tara Redwood School bases its curriculum on the following VALUES:
● Develop a deeper understanding of our unlimited potential
● Develop awareness of the effects of our actions on oneself, others and the environment
● Understanding our emotions in order to exercise the freedom to make skillful, compassionate and helpful choices.
● Speaking words that are helpful, kind, encouraging and complimentary.
● Refraining from speaking words with ill intent i.e., divisive speech, lying, gossip, harsh speech, name-calling, belittling, and exclusion.
● Showing respect and compassion for all living beings (creatures great and small).
● Taking responsibility for helping others whenever possible.
● Being mindful to not harm others.
● Practicing generosity and sharing with our material belongings, our knowledge, our time and resources.
● Not taking that which has not been offered or does not belong to you.
● Developing the courage and perseverance to practice patience, respect, acceptance and forgiveness of differences.
● Not responding with anger, jealousy, pride or resentment.
Our Montessori and/or CCC certified educators strive to offer a stimulating learning experience through daily outdoor immersion in our Redwood Forest Campus.