TARA REDWOOD SCHOOL & THE PANDEMIC
Tara Redwood School has opened its doors for Fall and Spring this September. We have created a safe
space that complies with safety regulations for students at all class levels up to first grade.
We are grateful to be able to offer a wonderful forest school environment. Each class has an indoor and outdoor classroom space. Our classes are 75% outdoors with heaters and when indoors, our classrooms are well ventilated, with high quality air purifiers and upgraded HVAC filters. Learn more about Tara Redwood's COVID-19 Protocols
OUR SCHOOL MISSION
Tara Redwood School uses a global curriculum with its original framework known as the 7 Steps to Knowledge, Strength and Compassion developed over a period of 30 years.
The school’s program is a blend of Montessori and Creating Compassionate Cultures (CCC) methodologies. We engage children to develop strong academic foundations, rich in the sciences and emotional intelligence. We also value the importance of the performance and creative arts as an integral part of a child’s early development. The CCC pedagogy provides an education for the heart and mind with unique social emotional components that nurture children’s innate positive qualities while empowering them to make a positive impact on the world through their thoughts and actions.
Tara Redwood School bases its curriculum on the following VALUES:
● Develop a deeper understanding of our unlimited potential
● Develop awareness of the effects of our actions on oneself, others and the environment
● Understanding our emotions in order to exercise the freedom to make skillful, compassionate and helpful choices.
● Speaking words that are helpful, kind, encouraging and complimentary.
● Refraining from speaking words with ill intent i.e., divisive speech, lying, gossip, harsh speech, name-calling, belittling, and exclusion.
● Showing respect and compassion for all living beings (creatures great and small).
● Taking responsibility for helping others whenever possible.
● Being mindful to not harm others.
● Practicing generosity and sharing with our material belongings, our knowledge, our time and resources.
● Not taking that which has not been offered or does not belong to you.
● Developing the courage and perseverance to practice patience, respect, acceptance and forgiveness of differences.
● Not responding with anger, jealousy, pride or resentment.
Our educators strive to offer a stimulating learning experience through daily outdoor immersion in our Redwood Forest Campus.
Tara Redwood School offers a unique curriculum amidst 108 acres of playground forest and creeks.
Mostly outdoors with small size class groups.
Youth Programs begin as early as 24 months!
Early care and after school care available upon request.
**We follow updated guidelines from Santa Cruz County Public Health Department and from the Superintendent of Schools in order to best protect staff, students and families.
We are still accepting donations to fund the costs of permits for campus development .
We have already raised over $172,000 thanks to our generous supporters and alumni.
Donate today and help us reach our goal
Nestled in 108 acres of sunny, serene redwood forest adjacent to Nisene Marks State Park, Tara Redwood School is a forest school that provides an unparalleled learning environment of peace and beauty. We offer a toddler program (24 mo. & up), preschool, and kindergarten to 2nd grade. We have recently created more classroom space for our waitlisted families at our new Preschool Campus in the Soquel Village located at the historic Soquel Congregational Church. Note that this is just a temporary location until all licensing is caught up so we can move into the classroom spaces at the Redwood Campus. All grades receive daily exposure to the campus’ redwood forest.
Furthermore, Tara Redwood School plans to accommodate 3rd – 6th grades by next year.